Magpies is a charitable company that supports adults with learning disabilities.
We offer a place to make new friends, learn new skills and create new opportunities.
We focus on person-centred planning to enable our members to grow and live more independent and fulfilling lives.
About the role
You will be responsible for picking up members from their homes and bringing them to our centre between 9am and 10am. You will then drop them back home between 3pm and 4pm.
You will ensure health and safety is followed at all times, updating the management team regarding any issues.
- You must have a full UK driving licence, including the D1 category which allows you to drive a minibus
- An enhanced DBS and two references will be required
- You must be friendly, patient, flexible and reliable
- Good knowledge of the Calderdale area would also be beneficial
Training, support and benefits
- As a Magpies Volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start
- A staff member will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- An opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- A rewarding opportunity to make a difference to the lives of others
How to apply
If this sounds like opportunity you are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
Completed application forms must be sent to email@example.com or posted to Magpies, Unit 15, Calderdale Business Park, Club Lane, Halifax HX2 8DB.
Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
Magpies will use the information provided by you to process your application. We will treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation. In particular you should note that all applicant details will be kept on file for 12 months whether you are successful or otherwise unless you explicitly instruct us to destroy your record.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact Amanda Goulding, Chief Executive on 01422 383550 or 07508424461.