Magpies is a charity that has been supporting adults with learning disabilities in Calderdale for over 20 years.
We pride ourselves on offering person centred care and activities to all our members, to help them grow and live more independent and fulfilling lives.
We are currently looking for exceptional people to join our team. We have vacancies in our day centre and on our outreach team. We currently have members awaiting outreach support, with various work hours available.
About the role:
Day Centre Enabler
- Supporting people within the centre on a 1:1 basis or in a group environment, delivering a range of activities to meet the members’ needs.
- Forming a positive, friendly and professional relationship with the people you support.
- Planning and delivering high quality activities.
- Completing paperwork and helping with support plans.
Hours: Part-time and full-time hours considered
Salary: £9.92 p.h.
You will have:
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Reliable and caring
- Flexible approach
- Ability to use own initiative and lone work
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- Willingness to learn and undertake training
How to Apply
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack or download the documents below:
Completed application forms must be sent to email@example.com or can be posted to Magpies, Unit 15, Calderdale Business Park, Club Lane, Halifax HX2 8DB.
Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
NOON, Wednesday 12th January 2022
Interviews will take place w/c 17th January 2022
We reserve the right to bring the closing date forward as a result of the high calibre of candidates responding to the advert.
Magpies will use the information provided by you to process your application for employment. We will treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation. In particular you should note that all applicant details will be kept on file for 12 months whether you are successful or otherwise unless you explicitly instruct us to destroy your record.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact Kelly Beck on 01422 383550.