Magpies is a charity that has been supporting adults with learning disabilities in Calderdale for over 20 years.
We pride ourselves on offering person centred care and activities to all our members, to help them to grow and live more independent and fulfilling lives.
We are currently looking for exceptional, experienced male support worker to join our day service team.
About the role:
- To take the lead in supporting a young man with an autistic spectrum condition, on a 1:1 basis, to access the centre and engage in the daily activities.
- Supporting other members within the centre on a 1:1 basis or in a group environment, delivering a range of activities to meet the members’ needs.
- Forming a positive, friendly and professional relationship with the people you support.
- Planning and delivering high quality support whether on a 1:1 basis or in a group environment.
- Completing paperwork and helping with support plans.
Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: £10.22 ph. – £ 11.48 ph.
All posts are subject to Enhanced DBS and references.
You will have:
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities, particularly those with an autistic spectrum condition.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Reliable and caring
- Patient and ability to work at the members’ pace
- Flexible approach
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- Willingness to learn and undertake training
How to Apply
Completed application forms must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or can be posted to Magpies, Unit 15, Calderdale Business Park, Club Lane, Halifax HX2 8DB.
Closing date: Noon Tuesday 30th August 2022
We reserve the right to bring the closing date forward as a result of the high calibre of candidates responding to the advert.
Magpies will use the information provided by you to process your application for employment. We will treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation. In particular you should note that all applicant details will be kept on file for 12 months whether you are successful or otherwise unless you explicitly instruct us to destroy your record.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact Gary cook on 01422 383550.